Hansen Natural got its start by selling to Hollywood movie studios, so I thought it would make an appropriate topic for our Odd Films blog. The company has been distributing soft drinks and juice for over 70 years, and Hansen’s Natural has been the leading brand of additive-free beverages in Southern California for three decades.
I’ve grown weary of watching my belly expand because of Coca-Cola and other high fructose corn syrup products, so I decided to give Hansen’s Natural products a try. It took a bit a doing to find them at first, because they’re usually located in the natural (aka organic) section of the supermarket. But once I finally tracked them down, I was pleasantly surprised by all the flavors available. I was also happy to see that Hansen Natural coupons are available, allowing me to save a dollar or two on each purchase.
History of Hansen’s Natural
Before we discuss available flavors and Hansen Natural coupons, let’s take a look at the history of this innovative beverage company.
Hubert Hanson and his three sons got started by selling juice to Hollywood studios back in the 1930s. From there, they formed a company known as Hansen’s Juices, although the title would later be changed to The Fresh Juice Company of California, Inc.
Their first plant opened in 1946, and it would remain in Los Angeles until being relocated in 1993. The company took another step forward in the 1970s, when the grandson of Hubert Hansen decides to create and market a brand of natural soft drinks. It was an idea ahead of its time, and the current market is only now beginning to catch up with the vision of Tim Hansen.
Hansen’s filed for bankruptcy in 1988 and was purchased by California CoPackers Corporation, who started marketing the product under the title of Hansen Beverage Company. Under their ownership, Hansen’s has experienced rapid growth in the 21st century, thanks in part to the increased demand for foods and beverages without preservatives. Look for Hansen Natural to remain a leading distributor of soft drinks and soda pops in 2011 and beyond.
Hansen’s Natural Products
The following is a rundown of all the Hansen products currently available. Be sure to check their official site every few months, as new flavors of juice and soft drinks may be added at any time.
- Hansen’s Natural Soda – This line of soda pops contains no caffeine, preservatives, sodium, or artificial colors or flavors (also dairy and gluten free). If you’re like me and looking for a natural alternative to wet your whistle, it doesn’t get any better than this. Flavors include Ginger Ale, Key Lime Twist, Cherry Vanilla Crème, Grapefruit, Kiwi Strawberry, Vanilla Cola, Mandarin Lime, Creamy Root Beer, Raspberry, Mango Orange, and Pomegranate.
- Diet Sodas – Hansen’s line of diet beverages have no sodium, no preservatives, no aspartame, and no artificial flavors. They come in the following flavors: Pomegranate, Root Beer, Cola, Black Cherry, Peach, Tangerine Lime, Kiwi Strawberry, Grapefruit, and Ginger Ale.
- Hansen’s Energy Drinks – I can honestly say that I’ve never tried an energy drink in my life. While I’m not opposed to the concept, there’s just never been a reason for me to do so. Still, if I were going to start guzzling energy drinks, Hansen’s would be the brand that I‘d choose. Their Rumba line offers a citrus flavor with Original Formula and Diet Red Energy being available. Meanwhile, their line of Primal Energy Tea features Amazon Citrus Green Tea, Pomegranate Green Tea, and Sugar Free Pomegranate Green Tea.
- Hansen’s Juice – I enjoy natural juices (that’s what she said), so I was delighted to see that these were offered. When I get my hands on some printable Hansen Natural coupons, you can bet I’ll be giving them a try. Their line of bottled juice includes Apple Juice, Apple Grape Juice, Apple Strawberry Juice, Organic Apple Wild Berry Juice, Organic Apple White Grape Juice, Organic Apple Juice, Grape Juice, White Grape Juice, Pomegranate Juice Cocktail.
- Junior Juice – Kids are always crazy about juice drinks, and this line is chock full of vitamins and minerals. Available in packs of four or twelve, your youngster will also receive a number of important life lessons courtesy of Clifford the Big Red Dog (the cartoon dog included on each package). Flavors include: Mixed Fruit, Fruit Punch, Apple Juice, White Grape, Apple Grape, Apple Berry, Orange Twist, Organic Apple, Organic Berry Medley, Organic Junior Water – Tropical, Organic Junior Water – Fruit Punch, Organic Junior Water – Berry.
- Juice Slam -Give your child the equivalent of a daily multi-vitamin with these tasty beverages. Flavors include: Burstin’ Berry, Strawberry Banana, Totally Tropical, Awesome Apple, Organic Apple, Organic Fruit Punch.
- Hansen’s Smoothie – There’s nothing I enjoy more on a hot day than a delicious smoothie, so you can be sure that I’ll be using plenty of 2011 Hansen Natural coupons on these items. Featuring a blend of fruit juices and nutrients, the Smoothie brand comes in the following flavors: Pineapple Coconut Smoothie, Strawberry Banana Smoothie, Mango Pineapple Smoothie, Guava Strawberry Smoothie, Peach Berry Smoothie, Energy Island Blast.
- Hansen Natural Ready-to-Drink Teas – I’m from Texas, so I know my way around a glass of tea. Bottled tea isn’t bad either, and these all-natural options are offered in the following flavors: Iced Green Tea, Peach Green Tea, Sugar Free Peach Green Tea, Pomegranate Green Tea, Lychee Black Tea, Unsweetened Black Tea with Lemon, Sugar Free Pomegranate Green Tea, Sugar Free Acai Black Tea.
- Fizzit – I don’t lead the healthiest lifestyle, but that doesn’t mean I can’t drink like I do. The Fizzit line of beverages include amino acids, electrolytes (I’m always reminded of Idiocracy), herbal extracts, and antioxidants. Each formula features a different mix of healthy goodness, and they include Joint Formula, Immune Support Formula, Women’s Health Formula, and Multi-Vitamin & Minerals Formula. Flavors include Raspberry, Cranberry, Orange, Lemon Lime, Green Tea, and Strawberry.
Hansen Natural Coupons
Whether you’re looking for online, printable Hansen Natural coupons or the kind you have to cut out with scissors, you’ll be happy to know that your pals in Southern California have obliged. While Hansen Natural coupons aren’t as abundant as those from Coke or Pepsi, you will find the occasional deal in a newspaper or magazine. The same is true for the Internet, where plenty of sites offer Hansen Natural coupons for 2011 and beyond.
If you run a youth soccer team, be sure to visit Hansen’s website and find out more about their Official Team Refreshment Book. This book has over $100 in coupons and rebates on Hansen’s products, including stickers for everyone and a log to keep track of post-game snacks. My own childhood soccer career was pretty unexceptional (we won one game during my lone season), but I’m guessing that the delicious taste of Hansen’s would’ve made it all better.
Free Hansen Natural Coupons
Americans are getting increasingly fat, and this is due in large part to all the preservatives we’re putting in our bodies via soft drinks and soda pops. If you’d like to reverse that trend, you need to focus on foods and beverages with no additives and an all-natural flair. That’s where Hansen’s comes into play, as their products offer a delicious alternative to the high fructose corn syrup crowd. Thanks to the availability of Hansen’s Natural coupons, I’ve been using their products exclusively for a few months, and I’ve never felt better. Besides, anything that’s good enough for Hollywood executives in the 1930s is good enough for me.